Wednesday, March 30, 2011

How to bake an image sequence in Maya

I use an image sequence as a projection texture on several object in Maya 2011. Baking a texture, for instance the projection into the UV’s of the object, isn’t to difficult. But how do I bake an image sequence?

I found this script, km_bakeAnimatedTexture v1.0, by Kevin Mannens on www.highend3d.com. It was made in 2005 and it didn’t work anymore, atleast not in Maya 2011.
Because I was eager to make this script work, I looked at the script, I looked at all the fantastic scripts that my friend Roy Nieterau has made in our last project (CarKit Exodus) and I called back on my own Flash action script 2.0 knowledge from 5 years ago, and I fabricated this script.

Because the request on the internet for the solution of image sequence baking is pretty big, tadaah

Link:
- km_bakeAnimatedTexture_Maya2011-v1.1-

No comments:

Post a Comment