Wednesday, March 30, 2011

A script to set my Maya scene

If I have to do the same thing over and over again in Maya, I’d like to make a script for it. Not only to prevent me from getting bored, but also to prevent mistakes that you will make when you are on automatic pilot. I’ve made a “simple” script that fits for my graduation movie, it stets my scene in Maya just the way I want it. Every time I create a new scene, I click on the button in my shelf with this new script, and it does the work for me, like resolution and the settings for file formats. By this, I know that the base of every scene in this project is the same. When I’m done with the scene and ready to render, I have another script for some other preferences that otherwise, I have to do over and over again for each scene before I can render. After those settings, I can make the adjustments or other settings specifically for that scene.

It’s not at all a high-end script, but it does make my life a whole lot easier.

Link:
- Start my Maya scene
- My basic rendersettings

No comments:

Post a Comment